Over the next five years, Georgia Tech will complete a series of upgrades to Bobby Dodd Stadium, placing a particular emphasis on improving the fan experience.
The planned enhancements are aimed at improving all aspects of the gameday experience for fans attending Georgia Tech football games at Bobby Dodd Stadium. Located in the heart of Georgia Tech’s Midtown Atlanta campus, Bobby Dodd Stadium was constructed in 1913 and is the oldest stadium in NCAA Division I FBS. It has not undergone major renovations since the construction of the stadium’s north end zone structure in 2003, which added 15,000-plus seats and 10 luxury suites to the historic facility.
“Bobby Dodd Stadium is one of the greatest settings in all of college football,” Georgia Tech director of athletics Todd Stansbury said. “We are committed to making it even better so that new generations of fans and student-athletes can continue to enjoy a first-rate gameday experience for years to come.”
Among the items being planned for implementation by 2023:
- improvement and enhancement of existing premium seating areas;
- creation of additional premium seating areas;
- improved cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity;
- enhanced stadium audio;
- improved general seating options;
- expanded tailgate offerings.
To kickstart the planned improvements, Georgia Tech fans can look forward to seeing the following enhancements to the gameday experience in 2018:
- implementation of clear bag policy to increase security and decrease the amount of time that it takes for fans to enter the stadium
- exclusive discounts on concessions and gameday merchandise for season-ticket holders;
- a special commemorative adidas t-shirt for season-ticket holders;
- a souvenir water bottle for season-ticket holders;
- water-bottle filling stations throughout the stadium;
- additional points of sale for concessions;
- improved directional signage in and around the stadium;
- redistribution of entrance gates.
“We listened to our season-ticket holders, who gave us great feedback on how we could provide more value for their investment in season tickets,” Stansbury said. “With the enhancements that we plan to implement at Bobby Dodd Stadium this season, new exclusive benefits for season-ticket holders and an attractive ACC schedule, we feel that Georgia Tech football season tickets represent the best value in sports in Atlanta and beyond.”
Additional details on the enhancements set to be implemented this season will be finalized and announced throughout the spring and summer.
Image courtesy Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets football.