It wouldn’t be a modern NFL stadium experience without plenty of high-end concessions, so it’s noteworthy when the Minnesota Vikings and concessionaire Aramark announced the 2016 U.S. Bank Stadium food offerings.
Lots of familiar names here for Twin Cities residents, as local dining institutions like Kramarczuk’s Sausage and Murray’s Steakhouse will be represented in the concession offerings. Another familiar name here: local chef and entrepreneur Andrew Zimmern is both represented by two new eateries as well as his curation of other local favorites.
Here’s a list of the local restaurants represented:
- A Peace of Cake (St. Paul, MN): Assorted nut mixes and various savory snacks.
- Alimama Catering (St. Paul, MN): Mediterranean and North African cuisine.
- Be Graceful Bakery & Catering (Edina, MN): Specialty sandwiches and hoagies.
- Chappy Street Eats (White Bear Lake, MN): Gluten-free fare.
- Chocolat Celeste (St. Paul, MN): Hand-crafted, artisan chocolates.
- Cinnie Smiths (McGregor, MN): Gourmet mini cinnamon rolls.
- Curds & Cakes (Foreston, MN): Cheese curds.
- Gramsky’s Sandwiches (Brooklyn Park, MN): Unique line of homemade sandwiches with a Midwest flare.
- Just Truffles (St. Paul, MN): Assorted, hand-dipped truffles.
- Kramarczuk’s Sausage Company (Minneapolis, MN): Handmade sausages made with time-honored methods and traditional recipes.
- Lola’s Cafe (Minneapolis, MN): Dry rubbed and sweet chicken wings, featuring Lola’s signature spice.
- Murray’s Steakhouse (Minneapolis, MN): A landmark steakhouse in downtown Minneapolis, home of the famous Silver Butter Knife Steak.
- Prairie Dogs (Minneapolis, MN): Artisan hot dogs and handcrafted sausage, made with locally raised meats.
- Thomasina’s Cashew Brittle (Minneapolis, MN): Handmade natural, preservative free and gluten-free brittle.
- T-Rex Cookie Company (Minneapolis, MN): Fresh baked half pound cookies.
- R Taco (Minneapolis, MN): Distinctive fast-casual tacos.
“We are proud to welcome these great partners to the U.S. Bank Stadium culinary family and look forward to showcasing their offerings to the millions of fans and guests attending events at the stadium annually,” said Carl Mittleman, President of Aramark’s Sports and Entertainment division. “These beloved Twin Cities businesses and brands truly are the anchor of our menu. They not only represent the diverse and vibrant food scene in the region, but these partners embody the values and vision we desire to create a world-class menu and localized, authentic and genuine dining experience at U.S. Bank Stadium.”
“This stadium is all about Minnesota,” said Michele Kelm-Helgen, chair of the MSFA. “We are proud to feature some of the best Minnesota small businesses, chefs and food at U.S. Bank Stadium.”
As noted, Zimmern — probably best known for his travels around the world in search of extreme foods — will have an outsized presence at the stadium, with two branded eateries: Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen Rotisserie and Andrew Zimmern’s Canteen Hoagies. (Zimmern is more than just the extreme food: he’s also a three-time James Beard Award-winning TV personality, author, chef and teacher.) Also slated for branded eateries: a restaurant from Gavin Kaysen, James Beard Award-winning chef and owner of Spoon and Stable, and the opening of outposts from Ike’s Food & Cocktails and Revival Restaurant.
U.S. Bank image courtesy Minnesota Vikings.